I ． INTRODUCTION
At the end of August, 2003, the Shanghai Municipal Government started up 10,000 Overseas Scholars Converging Program. By the end of November, 2005, 10,203 overseas talents had been successfully introduced into Shanghai. On the 7th, January, 2006, the second round of program - 10,000 Overseas Talents Converging Program was launched by the Shanghai Committee and the Government. After all staff’s hard working, this program was completed 9 months ahead of the deadline. In order to support realizing “the Shanghai Construction of Four-Centre Goal” and developing Shanghai as an international world-class modern city, the government will actively explore a long-term mechanism to introduce overseas high-level talents while enhance the efficiency of introducing overseas high-level and urgently-needed talents based on the previous experience. The former Shanghai Office of 10,000 Overseas Talents Converging Program is now renamed as the Shanghai Office of Overseas High-Level Talents Converging Program.
II ． MAIN FUNCTIONS
The Shanghai Office of Overseas High-Level Talents Converging Program is a service window for introducing overseas high-level talents as well as building up a bridge between corporations and overseas talents. The main duties of the office are as following:
1. Publicize the development status and policy for overseas talents of Shanghai interiorly and overseas, attracting more excellent overseas talents to work in Shanghai.
2. Acquire job information from corporations and then release the information interiorly and overseas.
3. Collect information of overseas high-level talents; establish and improve the “talent information database”; recommend them to relevant corporations.
4. Contact overseas high-level talents and provide tracking service.
5. Establish communicational platform for overseas talents.
6. Engage in market research; acquire the working situations of overseas talents that being attracted in Shanghai.
7. Provide employment guidance and relevant policy consultation.
III ． HOW TO SEARCH & APPLY FOR JOBS
Overseas talents can register on the website (www.hwrcjob.com or http://egov.21cnhr.com/wanren/index.jsp). Choose the proper path to register and complete your resumes in detail. The registered talents are allowed to search and apply for jobs online by various conditions. Moreover, you can directly send us your personal C.V. together with the job titles and numbers which you are interested in by E-mail. We will forward your application information to the corporations as soon as possible. Please wait for the reply from the corporations.
The office provides various corporations with multifold services such as releasing position vacancies interiorly and overseas, talents recommending and so on. Before that, corporations need to complete the registration on the Converging Program website or apply by telephone to become a formal member.
IV. CONTACT US
Tel. ： 0086-21-32511556，23110323
Fax ： 0086-21-32511557
Add ： room 410, No.77 Mei Yuan Rd, Shanghai, China
Postcode ： 200070